Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I Hope They Call me on a Mission- COUNTDOWN


I hope they call me on a mission. I passed all my mission papers a few weeks ago and for about a week I was waiting for the update of my mission call. It's been about for 1 week I waited then the Stake President called me on the phone. He was asking the full name of my medical doctor. I thought he already send it to the church headquarters but I was wrong. He checked all my papers all over again to make sure everything will be ok. My Stake President was our teacher in The Book of Mormon class. It's been 1 week he had my papers and I still don't know what's going on so I approached him and asked about it. He told me he still have to take some notes and then send it. So I waited for about 1 week again. The next class we had while he was teaching and we came to a point talking about those youngsters going on a mission he inserted to mentioned that my papers were already to the church headquarters. I felt with joy that time hearing about the news. Our class to him is every Thursday and so I was thinking that they maybe arere checking all my papers then submit it to the Apostles to do the assignment made through the inspiration. As days passed, I still had on my mind what's going on with my papers. After that week, Tuesday afternoon (August 5, 2014), our Stake President texted me to informed that my mission application is "Now Ready for Assignment". At that moment I read the text message I jumped and shouted of knowing the update of my mission call. I was at home that time reading my scripture. My sister-in-law and my mom wandered what happened to me why reacted like that. They thought that my mission call was already made. haha That was funny how I acted like that. But I'm still half my way and don't know when will my mission call be made and ready to send it back, the mail. I always keep on searching about the mission application process and read it all over again and again. Everyday, I kept on searching the blogs of missionaries, their experiences and watching even their video opening their call.

 Since that day, it never blotted out in my mind about my mission application. I know the process how they assigned prospective missionaries. After the mission application sent to the Salt Lake City to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Headquarters,within the next two weeks or so, members from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will look over the application and through inspiration, determine the destination as well as the departure date. This will be the time filled with questions, guesses, wandered and anxiety where and when in everyone's mind. I have this anticipation feeling and so excited where the Lord wants me to go. I know the place I will be serving Him helping hastening the Lord's work is the place I meant to go. I'm beyond excited for this. One of the things I did was I asked some of my friends about their mission call, how long they've waited for it. Some say 3 to 4 weeks and now after that day the Stake President informed me, I feel though I'm waiting forever, it's too long for me to wait but I have to be patience for it. I'm always wondering ''WHERE IN THE PHILIPPINES WILL I GO"? Gessshhh.. I'm excited to preach the gospel and I know I have so many sacrifices of leaving my family to go on a mission but I know it's worth it.

I hope they call me on a mission. I feel like I'm waiting for years, forever about my mission call but patience keep me holding. I'm humbly patiently waiting for my call and I know I will be so blessed, my family and especially those people whom I will be preaching in the land where the Lord sends me.

I'm humbly blessed for the trials and challenges that came in my life because without it I won't ever feel the real happiness and won't find the truthfulness of the gospel. I gonna love it and I know it.

Love,
Future Missionary
Sister Bohol

No comments: